Is Your Emergency Kit Ready?
If a community is not prepared for a severe storm, the consequences can be devastating. We here in the Bennington and Rutland area are no strangers to storms! So, we here at your local SERVPRO wanted to share with you a few tips to keep in mind when putting together your emergency kit in the event of a severe storm.
A basic emergency kit should last you roughly 3 days and should include the following recommended items:
- Water (the average person should have one gallon per day)
- Non-perishable Food
- First aid kit as well as any medication that you are currently taking
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Battery powered or hand crank radio
- Local map
- Cell phone with backup charger
- Extra set of clothes
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Pet supplies if you are taking care of an animal.
These are just a few examples of what an emergency kit should contain. You can add whatever you would like to your own! You can also use ready.gov for additional ideas on what to pack in your emergency kit. We want to help you prepare for any storm! If a storm ever damages your home or business, please call us at (802) 375-1500.