Taking Care of Your Belongings After a Disaster
Water and fire damage affect not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties understands that your home is more than a structure. Your furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings are important to you. Your belongings are important to us, which is why we provide the following to help restore and protect your belongings while we are restoring your home.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including the following:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
We have in-house storage where we can keep your belongings safe from further damage, and can provide cleaning and restoration services for your belongings. Your items will be placed in clearly identified and secured containers ans boxes. You can rest assured that your items are being taken care of.
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering contents inventory service which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Pre-loss list of contents to be salvaged
- Non salvageable list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
If your home and belongings need restoration services, rest assured that SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties has you covered. We can pack out, store and restore your belongings. Give us a call today at (802)375-1500
5 Common Causes of Water Damage in Bennington, Vermont
Unlike other parts of the country, rain isn't the main cause of water damage in homes and businesses in Bennington and Rutland Counties, Vermont. Get to know some of the common causes of water damage so that you can do what you can to prevent it from happening on your property.
- Broken Pipes – A broken pipe can do a lot of damage to your home in just a short amount of time. Before you know it, gallons short amount of time. Before you know of water could be spewing through your home. Pay close attention to any leaks, drips, and signs of deterioration. Have a plumber come out to your house for regular maintenance, and if there ever is a broken pipe, you can always turn the water off before the plumber arrives in order to avoid further damage.
- Pinhole Leaks – common if a home has copper plumbing, a pinhole leak is a puncture of a copper pipe due to corrosion. If your home has a copper water system, check your pipes for signs of corrosion often.
- Old/Faulty Appliances – If your fridge or washing machines aren’t maintained well, or have gotten too old, they could start to leak and create a significant amount of water damage in your home. It’s especially important to keep an eye on the appliances in your kitchen, as water damage caused by your fridge or dish washer can affect not just your floor, but your cabinets as well. Often times, leaks that go undetected for some time will cause significant water damage behind cabinets, which in turn can lead to mold if the problem goes unnoticed for an extended period.
- Roof Leaks – a lot of homeowners tend to suffer water damage due to roof leaks. Check your roofs frequently and take care of any maintenance or repairs while the weather is still dry. That way you won’t have to worry about your home flooding next time a storm hits.
- Accidents – Sometimes luck just isn’t on your side and one tiny mistake can lead to a big problem. A clogged toilet or too much soap in the dishwasher or washing machine can have water coming across your bathroom, kitchen, or laundry room. These parts of the home are generally better equipped than the rest of the house to handle a larger spill, but water moves fast and could potentially cause damage to the walls, ceiling, or other rooms in the home. If an accident ever does occur that you think calls for a professional, call SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties at 802-375-1500
How to Protect Your Home From Storm Damage
Flooding in your home can happen at any time, but your home can be even more exposed to water damage when it rains. Follow these tips to help protect your home from water damage during the next storm in Bennington or Rutland County, Vermont.
- Modify your homes water valves. If the city's main sewer line gets backed up during a heavy rain storm, you could find yourself standing in a a puddle of you-know-what. You may want to consider installing a interior or exterior back flow valve. Back flow valves prevent your water system from being contaminated from water flowing backwards into your supply lines.
- Clear gutter, drains, and downspouts. Clogged gutters and downspouts can end up in a messy flood. Take the time to clean them and clear them of any and all debris before the rain comes.
- Cover air vents. One of the most common ways water fins its way into a home is through the home's air vents. If you know that heavy rain is in the forecast and that you are at risk of flooding, cover your air vents with thick plastic sheeting from both the outside and the inside.
- Check your sealant surrounding doors and windows. Make sure that any gaps or holes in the sealant surrounding the doors and windows are filled in. This will help stop rain water from finding its way into your home.
If water still manages to find a way into your home and you need assistance, give SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties a call at 802-375-1500! We're available 24/7 for emergency services.
SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties Commercial Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Commercial Deep Cleaning/Janitorial
We welcome all opportunities to be of service. Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 802-375-1500
WHY MORE INSURANCE AGENTS CHOOSE SERVPRO
SERVPRO blends customer service with accountability! SERVPRO understands your responsibility to provide results to your shareholders and clients. SERVPRO is uniquely qualified to help when disaster strikes, making you their "hero" in their times of need.
We are here to make you look good.
There are many ways to ensure success as an insurance agent. Having a strong office staff, a company who pays claims in an ethical and timely manner, advertising, being involved in your community, and maintaining a positive relationship with your clients. Our Treasure Valley team knows how critical it is that every job goes as smooth as possible, ensuring your clients trust you time and time again when they need help. Our teams are trained to reduce the lost time and mitigate the damages as quickly as possible. Whether it’s fire, water, mold or any other cleanup; we are here to help, 24 hours a day.
Our team members are available for direct cellular calls 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. You earn your client’s loyalty by providing timely solutions. You provide help in a time of need. Instead of offering a call center solution, our team members are available to take the call on their business line! We will personally call your client back, offer a listening ear, and take away some of the fear they are experiencing.
Having a relationship with SERVPRO and our team of highly trained professionals has many benefits. We will ensure help arrives quickly (following our 1-4-8 time commitment), and our production team will help your clients regain control of their lives by treating them with respect, courteousness and working hard to get the job done the right way the first time. There are no unwelcome surprises with SERVPRO. Calling direct reduces wait times. The faster SERPVRO's team can arrive onsite to perform the cleanup, the better the results.
That’s the SERVPRO difference.
Is Your Business Disaster Ready?
SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties is a full service commercial restoration company. We specialize in commercial drying, cleaning and decontamination needs. Our upfront approach uses a collaborative method to reduce operational risks, minimize downtime and save you money.
Consider this: 50% of businesses that suffer a major disaster will never reopen. And of those that reopened, most of them had a plan.
Do your employees know your chain-of-command?
Do your night teams know where your water shut-offs are?
Would your employees be able to direct first responders to your fire riser room?
Put simply: Is your team prepared to deal with situations like fire, water & mold damage? What about situations bigger than your Operations capacity?
Preparation is key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it's a small leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it. Now is the time to ask yourself, "Are you Ready for whatever happens?"
SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties offers a complimentary assessment of your facility that can minimize business interruption in the event of a disaster. This assessment provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services and serves as a quick reference for important building and contact information.
Make sure you have the help you need in an emergency, give us a call today. 802-375-1500
Fast Response to your Rutland, Vermont Water Damage
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 802-375-1500
24 Hour Water Damage Emergency Rutland, Vermont
SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 802-375-1500
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties
SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Fire Restoration in Rutland, Vermont
Fire and smoke damage to your home or business can be a huge and unexpected bump in the road. At SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties, our disaster restoration experts will be there to help you clean up and restore your home or business to its pre loss condition. Our certified team offers customers professional restoration expertise while providing the highest level of integrity, quality and service, including but not limited to the following:
- Work directly with your insurance company and assist you in the claims process
- Deal directly with professional dry cleaners to get your clothing back to you quickly
- Smoke and odor removal, sanitation and air purification
- Structural cleaning with environmentally friendly methods
- Cleaning and storage of personal belongings
- Complete Demolition
- Thermal Fogging and Ozoning on site or in our cleaning facility
Fire spreads a variety of chemicals and soot, depending on the source of the fire. This creates challenges in cleaning and decontamination, which can be hindered if not done properly. In addition, smoke can be caustic in nature resulting in the necessity for prompt removal to minimize damage to fabrics, ferrous metals, electronic devices, chrome and painted surfaces. Our Disaster Restoration Experts are ready to respond 24 hours a day to start the cleaning and restoration process to help minimize the damage.
Our project managers will support you throughout the entire restoration process, informing you every step of the way. Property damage by fire, smoke and especially water must be treated promptly and efficiently to ensure the best results and prevent further damage. We are available 24 hours a day,365 days a year including holidays for any emergency. At SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties, our IICRC certified team will make sure your loss situation is handled correctly and professionally to minimize discomfort, inconvenience and unnecessary additional costs. We specialize in insurance claims and we'll even bill the insurance company directly so you have one less thing to worry about.
We know a home or business disaster such as a fire is a traumatic event. No one expects a fire to happen to them, and therefore they frequently are unprepared for what they must do to help return their lives back to normal. Our goal is to help you regain control to make your damage "Like it never even happened."
Call us at 802-375-1500
Smoke and Soot Damage Facts in Manchester, Vermont
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage experts at SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties inspect and accurately assess the extent of damage and develop an immediate scope of work and plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
Hot smokes migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure. Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke:
There are two different types of smoke-wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting.
Here is some additional information:
- Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
Low heat. Smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
- Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire. Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services:
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke or Soot Damage?--Call Us Today - 802-375-1500
Why Professionals Should Handle Sewage Cleanup in Southern Vermont
If you suffer from flooding or a broken pipe in your home, the result could be the release of sewage. While any type of water damage in dangerous to your home and your health. With the existence of unsanitary water in your home comes the possibility of the contracting bacteria and viruses that could result in serious illness. If this is a problem in your home, professionals of SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties should be called to handle the situation as they have the special training and equipment necessary to clean that type of contamination.
Safety should always be the top priority when dealing with dangerous materials such as sewage. To avoid potential safety problems, you should never deal with sewage yourself but call professionals like SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties to perform the cleanup.
Professionals have the training and experience to follow the appropriate safety protocols to ensure a safe and proper cleanup. This involves the wearing of protective gear that is specifically designed to protect from diseases such as those potentially spread by raw sewage.
When dealing with sewage, it’s important to have it cleaned up as soon as possible because the longer that you allow sewage to remain, the worse it will get. Relatively clean water can turn into a hazard in little time. Seemingly harmless water damage can turn into a serious problem in as soon as 12 to 24 hours. Most people don’t have the time or capability to clean up water damage in that short period of time. SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties crew can arrive in a few hours to begin the cleanup.
Due to its ability to get significantly worse in a short period of time, water damage should be cleaned up quickly. That’s even more so if raw sewage is involved through flooding or a broken pipe. For the safety of you and your family, it’s important to leave the cleanup of sewage to professionals that are specifically trained for such occasions. If you have a release of sewage in your home, call on the trusted professionals at SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties at 802-375-1500