Tips and Tricks for Mold Remediation
Give us a call for your Mold Remediation 802-375-1500
Mold is a type of fungus. These tiny organisms can be orange, black, green, or white. Most types of mold prefer warm environments, but they can live and grow in any kind of environment. A lot of mold issues start in hard to access areas such as dark basement or attic corners that can be tough to spot. However, once you notice the problem it is time to contact mold cleanup and remediation professionals! We here at SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties have many years of experience in mold remediation and the proper skills and equipment to get the job done safely for you!
The first step professionals take when preparing for mold cleanup is to establish containment! This could range from closing doors between the affected and non-affected areas or setting up plastic barriers and wearing the proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
PPE includes specialized protective gear such as boots, the proper mask, gloves, and jumpsuits. This gear protects the technicians doing the work but also prevents the spread of mold spores throughout the rest of the home.
Next comes the tear out. Mold spreads and feeds and causes a lot of damage to the structure of your home. For example, when cleaning black mold technicians will tear out dry wall and other materials to prevent further spreading. Once most of the mold affected areas and materials have been removed your technician will then use specialized cleaners and disinfectants to remove the rest of the mold and we will do our best to prevent new growth.
Another important step in preventing further spread of mold is to dry out wet materials. Mold thrives in humidity so by decreasing the level of humidity and moisture new mold spores cannot develop into colonies.
We here at SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties are here to help you with all your mold remediation needs. We have technicians who are specialized and certified in mold remediation who are eager to help you and return your home to looking, "Like it never even happened."
Top of The Line Cleaning Products
GIVE US A CALL FOR OUR SAFETY DATA SHEET ON ALL OF OUR PRODUCTS. 802-375-1500
We here at SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties are your local mitigation, remediation and restoration company that carry a variety of top-of-the-line products to take care of all your needs. The products we use are not your general cleaning products that you can get in your local store. SERVPRO Industries has their own staff of scientists that work to formulate the best and most effective products to take care of your losses.
Each product has a label that specifies the ingredients and the proper use of the product. Our technicians also have the knowledge and ability to explain each product and answer all questions you may have. Please feel free to contact us at 802-375-1500 if you have any questions regarding the products, we use to get your home back to looking "Like it never even happened."
Our SERVPRO team is made up of highly trained professionals in property mitigation, remediation, and restoration. Our technicians receive continuous training throughout their career here at SERVPRO and many are currently IICRC certified. We assure you our team is well equipped with the knowledge and tools to restore your property back to looking "Like it never even happened."
Oh No My Hardwood Floors Are Soaked!
Give us a call to save your Hardwood Floors. 802-375-1500
Hardwood floors are very expensive, and many people think that once their hardwood floors sustain a water damage they are ruined. However, that is not necessarily true! We here at SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties have the training and resources to try and save your hardwood floors!
One important thing to remember is that to avoid mold growth and prevent your wood from buckling it is important to call us as soon as possible. The faster we can be at your service the better chance we have at saving your floors! Quick extraction of standing water and proper equipment setup is essential, if too much warping of the hardwood floor occurs is it difficult to bring it back to its previous state.
When our technicians arrive on scene, they will measure the moisture in the flooring using our moisture readers. This will ensure that all the wet areas are properly accounted for and dried. The drying systems that we here at SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties have include drying mats, air movers, and dehumidification equipment. This equipment when used properly helps remove the water that is trapped in the flooring. Once the water is extracted and the equipment is set up, our technicians will return to continue to monitor the equipment and take moisture readings daily. With our advanced drying equipment and moisture detecting tools, we are fully prepared to save dry your hardwood floors!
Please call us here at 802-375-1500 for all your water damage needs. No job is too small or too big for SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties!
Types of Fire Extinguishers and How to Properly Use a Fire Extinguisher
Give us a call if you have a fire in your home. 802-375-1500
Do you know that there are several different types of fire extinguishers? Do you know how to use a fire extinguisher in your home or business? A fire extinguisher is an especially important tool to have in case of a fire emergency. It is portable active fire protection device used to control or extinguish small fires. There are 3 different ratings of fire extinguishers, A, B, and C. Fire extinguishers with a Class A rating are effective in fighting fires which involve paper, wood, and trash. Class B fire extinguishers are effective against fires involving liquids. And finally, Class C fire extinguishers are effective in fighting fires involving electrical equipment.
To safely use a fire extinguisher, it is best to remember this acronym P.A.S.S. This acronym stands for a four-step process that is simple and easy to remember! Let us look at this step by step:
- (P)- Pull the pin while you hold the nozzle away from you
- (A)- Aim the rubber hose toward the fire
- (S)- Squeeze the handle which will release the extinguisher agent, this mixture comes out quickly and powerfully so make sure you have a tight grip and be careful!
- (S)- Sweep, you will want to use a sweeping motion aiming the nozzle from side to side
Keep everyone in your home and workplace safe with the proper knowledge and techniques of fire extinguishers. Safety is our number one concern here at SERVPRO of Bennington/Rutland Counties and if you have any other questions regarding the proper technique you can contact your local fire department for instructions. And if you or anyone you know experiences a fire, water, or mold damage please call us at 802-375-1500.
SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties thinks the storms are behind us.
READY for SPRING!! 802-375-1500
SERVPRO is ready to welcome Spring!!! Here is a little look back on a our crazy winter and the day we received 26 inchs of snow. That was the most snow most of us has ever seen. SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties pulled through and made sure that all our customers were taken care of. There is no storm that is too tough for our SERVPRO. We are a 24/hour business and we weather every storm. However, Spring is HERE and we couldn't be happier for the nicer weather. Give us a Call for all your Storm Damage needs.
Top Ten Reason Why to Choose SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties.
Check out our Website Today! https://www.SERVPRObenningtonrutlandcounties.com
- SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties knows how bad a disaster could impact a home or business. SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties are qualified to handle disasters fast and effectively. We call this our 1-4-8 protocol. 1 hour to make a customer contact, 4 hours to be onsite to start the work, and 8 hours to discuss the scope of work and brief the insurance company of our findings. This kind of action gives us a competitive advantage.
- SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties are fast to restore property and our customer appreciate our immediate response and understand that we are doing everything we can to limit the damage any further.
- At SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties we say, Don’t Replace it, let us test to make sure we can restore it first. Replacing items that are both for structure and contents can be expensive, so please be sure to ask if we can restore it before you replace it.
- We are experts at handling a claim. At SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties we work closely with Insurance Companies and make sure that all your work is covered prior to starting any work so there is no chance of a surprise bill at the end of our work. We make sure we keep our customers and insurance adjuster up to date with all new information that we received.
- SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties is meticulous at making sure we are organized from start to finish. With our integrated software systems, we are able to document every aspect of the job, include content inventory, drying logs, Photos and documentation while on site and in the office.
- SERVPRO has a continued education process that allows our technicians to be fully trained to the IICRC standards for restoration companies. We also make sure that our Technicians are certified in Mold Remediation and Biohazard Remediation.
- SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties offers an array of specialties from Fire restoration, water mitigation, mold remediation, biohazard remediation, General cleaning, Duct cleaning and many more. We encourage our customer to ask about services or check us out online to see if there are any other services that they may need that we can help with.
- SERVPRO Industries undergoes massive updates. Like right now SERVPRO is integrating Reconstruction, so that our customers have a 1 stop shop to get their properties up and running.
- SERVPRO has superior cleaning products like no other company. Most of our Products are green products that don’t harm the environment, humans or pets. We also have some cleaning agents that get the will get the hard to clean areas. Be sure to always ask what cleaning products we are using. We would be happy to give out our Safety Data Sheets on our product line.
- SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland counties surpasses our competition with our state of the art equipment. We also always make sure that we decontaminant our equipment after every use.
For more reasons why to choose SERVPRO, Check out our website for more Information.
Is Your Emergency Kit Ready?
Give us a Call 802-375-1500
If a community is not prepared for a severe storm, the consequences can be devastating. We here in the Bennington and Rutland area are no strangers to storms! So, we here at your local SERVPRO wanted to share with you a few tips to keep in mind when putting together your emergency kit in the event of a severe storm.
A basic emergency kit should last you roughly 3 days and should include the following recommended items:
- Water (the average person should have one gallon per day)
- Non-perishable Food
- First aid kit as well as any medication that you are currently taking
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Battery powered or hand crank radio
- Local map
- Cell phone with backup charger
- Extra set of clothes
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Pet supplies if you are taking care of an animal.
These are just a few examples of what an emergency kit should contain. You can add whatever you would like to your own! You can also use ready.gov for additional ideas on what to pack in your emergency kit. We want to help you prepare for any storm! If a storm ever damages your home or business, please call us at (802) 375-1500.
SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties Tool Box
GIVE US A CALL TO GET YOUR MOISTURE READING TODAY!!!! 802-375-1500
The Moisture Meter: An Essential Tool For Water Damages
You may have seen us use this small tool all throughout your Bennington & Rutland County home or business during a water damage, but what exactly is this tool and what is it doing? A moisture meter is an essential tool that is used in our industry that detects moisture content and can identify areas/structures that have been compromised and have a lot of moisture buildup. Using these tools can aid in moisture control and help to avoid mold build up in one’s home or business where there has been a water damage. This tool is used to check moisture in you walls, cabinets, and other furnishings! There are three types of moisture meters that are the most common: pin-type, pin-less, and all in one.
Pin-type moisture meters use contact pins that are invasive to calculate the moisture content percentage. The pins are inserted into the wet material to gather the correct percentage of moisture content, this type of tool is usually used measuring wood flooring, drywall, carpet, ceiling tile, and painted services.
Pin-less moisture meters provide a nondestructive measurement of moisture because no pins are inserted into your water damage surfaces. This tool is essential in hard to reach areas such as behind bathroom tiles as well as other finished surfaces where the most noninvasive method is preferred.
All in one moisture meters uses both methods described above. It can be used with or without pins to detect moisture which makes this device the most useful due to its dual capability!
We here at SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties know exactly how to use all of this state-of-the-art equipment we have just described. And we have the best tools to get the job done, "Like it never even happened." If you experience a water damage in your home or business, please call us at 802-375-1500.
Keep Your Pets Safe During an Emergency
Give us a Call 802-375-1500
Keeping your loved ones safe during an emergency like a fire, hurricane, flood tornado, or any other unexpected event is a priority. Many families loved ones also include their furry family members as well, their pets. SERVPRO of Bennington/ Rutland Counties wants all your family members to be safe including your pets. Many pet owners are unsure of what to do with their beloved pets during an emergency.
Here are a few suggestions on what to do to keep your pet safe in any type of event that comes your way:
- Be prepared and have a plan. Have a plan for both what you would do if you were home or if you were not and your pet was left alone. Find local pet daycares or even family or friends that can get to your pet if you cannot. Be prepared to evacuate if you have to a place that is pet friendly.
- Make an emergency kit. Just like you would for yourself make a kit also for your pet. Stock up on their food, water, collar, leash, toys, and any medication they may be on, etc. Also, in this kit include information about your pet incase they get lost such a recent photo that can help others return your pet back to you safely.
- Make sure vaccines are up to date. If your pet has to relocate to a shelter most shelters require certain vaccinations so you will be required to provide documentation of your pet’s vaccine history. Make sure they are up to date so your pet will not have any issues staying in a safe place.
- Create a safe haven for your pet. Change can be chaotic and stressful not only to us but also to our furry family members. So be sure to bring things that they love such as their favorite toy or blanket/ bedding for sleeping. Bringing a little piece of home when evacuating can help ease their nerves during these anxious times.
Being forced to leave your home due to an emergency is stressfull and frusterating. We here at SERVPRO of Bennington/ Rutland Counties understand this and we are here to respond to any emergency in your home quickly. We are water, fire, and mold specialists who are available 24/7 and can be reached at 802-375-1500!
Candle Free Alternatives
Give Us for All Fire Restoration Needs. 1-802-375-1500.
Candles are lovely to have in your home, they bring wonderful aromas as well as a “homey” sense we all love. However, as great as they are over 15,000 home fires are caused by candles. These statistics are staggering. So, we here at SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties are happy to share with you some alternatives to the traditional candle jars.
- Essential Oil Diffuser
Oil diffusers are great! They can fill your room with therapeutic scents such as lavender, peppermint, and more. Each scent can have different health benefits such as helping to cope with anxiety.
- Reed Diffuser
Reed diffusers also use essential oils however the difference is that the reeds diffuse scents over several weeks and require not maintenance. No flames, no wax, or any sort of plug in.
- Fairy Lights
These are battery run or electricity run lights which are perfect for setting the mood without the need of a flaming candle. They come in several different colors as well!
- Wax Warmers
This is a flame free device that warms scented wax melts/cubes that can release smell they are also electrical, or batter powered.
- Flameless Candles
These are battery operated candles that give the appearance of having a flame! They provide that cozy atmosphere that you are looking for from a candle but without the risks that come along with a flaming candle!
These are just a few options that we here at SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties wanted to share with you. We hope everyone stays safe and if you ever have any fire, water, or mold needs please give us a call at (802)375-1500.