Fire Safety for Your Vermont Business
If you run a hotel business, you will want to do all you can in order to protect your hotel from a disaster such as a fire damage. Today, we are sharing some tips that can help you prevent a fire damage and some helpful tips in the event a fire does occur:
- Proper signage. Exit signs need to be clearly marked for all to see. They should be illuminated with backup batteries in case there is a power outage.
- Sprinkler system. Ensure your sprinkler system is functioning properly by having it serviced every 12 months or less by a licensed professional.
- Fire alarm system. Your fire alarm system should also be tested and serviced regularly by a licensed professional.
- Escape Routes. Escape routes should be positioned in ways that ensure anyone can safely reach them. These escape routes should be obstruction free, be enclosed with smoke and fire-resistant materials, and remain closed as much as possible to prevent the spread of smoke and fire.
- Electrical outlets. Each electrical outlet should have no more then one item per outlet plug being used. All cords should be kept in good repair and replaced when needed!
- Have fire evacuation plan ready and accessible to all!
- Inform your guests of fire safety. All hotel guests should be informed of manual call points and the hotels escape routes. Forms should also be accessible to guests that clarify information such as steps to take if the guests see a fire or hears fire alarm.
In the unfortunate event of a hotel fire, please reach out to SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties. Our team is experienced in cleanup projects after fires both large and small. We are also mold remediation specialists, and here to help in the event of water damages, fire damages, and storm damages. Give us a call at (802)375-1500.