Different Types of Mold
Hopefully you will never have to experience having mold in your home or business but sometimes it is unavoidable. Below are 5 common types of mold you may encounter in your home.
- Chaetomium- is usually found on drywall. Typically appears after a water damage that is not properly taken care of or taken care of in the proper amount of time. This type of mold usually makes your home have a musty odor.
- Fusarium- usually grows in colder wetter areas. It is usually found on carpets and similar fabrics. If not taken care of they can cause respiratory infections.
- Alternaria- is one of the most common molds found. You will usually find this type of mold in dark dimly lit areas such sink or shower.
- Serpula Lacrymans- this mold is usually fund outdoors but can also grow on wooden surfaces indoors.
- Stachybotrys Chartarum- more commonly known as black mold. And is usually identified by its musty smell and usually found in areas that are usually damp such as air conditioning pipes.
If you notice mold in your home or business do not hesitate to give SERVPRO of Bennington & Rutland Counties, please give us a call at 802-375-1500.